In this episode of CDSF Chatting with the Pros Mike & Dan sit down with Garrison Bryant from the New York Mets organization. Garrison was drafted by the Mets out of Clearwater High School in Florida. Despite early career struggles Garrison was able to turn things around and become one of the top pitchers in the NY-Penn League, leading the Brooklyn Cyclones to the 2019 NY-Penn League Title. In this episode we chat about:
- The uncertainty of this year’s baseball season.
- What he’s doing to develop a routine after leaving spring training this year.
- The importance of playing multiple sports.
- How baseball wasn’t in his future up until 3 weeks before high school graduation.
- The benefits of learning from others, creating structure, and being educated about your body.
- Advice for high school athletes looking to advance their baseball career.
Follow Garrison Bryant on Twitter @GarrisonBryant